Thursday 9 December 2021

Swimming and Spurs

Gavriel and Amitai are twins. Their mum told me that Gavriel likes playing the piano, swimming and Molly the cat. These themes were very similar to those that mum gave me last year, so I made sure to make Gavriel's birthday card as different as I could, primarily by starting with a vertical layout.
I showed Gavriel holding Molly. He plays the piano but practices on an organ at home. It is his dream to have a piano, so I showed one on the card. I added a swimming pool ladder and some water and Gavriel is wearing some blue goggles on his head to illustrate his love of swimming. A yellow number 15 marks his age.
Amitai's favourite football team is Tottenham Hotspur. Mum sent me a picture of Spurs 2018-2019 teal coloured third kit (Tottenham Hotspur Football Club are commonly referred to as Spurs) and asked if I could show Amitai wearing that particular shirt. She also told me that he is a regular at the gym and asked me to show him doing a squat, with a bar on his back. Finally, mum suggested I include his silver laptop computer as well.
I added the Spurs emblem, a cockerel standing on a football, along with a black and white football. Did you know that those footballs were first used in the 1970 World Cup, chosen specifically so that spectators watching black-and-white televisions could clearly see the ball, with the black accents on a white background revealing the ball's direction of spin?

9 comments:

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Great job showing the twins are different fromm each other. I love the use of color on the cards too. Happy Thursday!

Michele Morin said...

Wonderful unique cards to celebrate 2 unique kids!

Tamar SB said...

These came out so great!

Unknown said...

Lisa these cards are simply perfect and my boys were thrilled with them as was I of course! Thank you

hels said...

Cleverly done! I love the photo of the two cards next to each other.

VeggieMummy said...

I loved seeing the boys' different interests and Molly the cat is a triumph! xx

Gattina said...

Very nice and cute !

Joanne said...

I love that even with the same interest two years in a row you were able to create different cards. I bet both boys were so happy to have these.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

These are really wonderful. The piano and molly the cat are fabulous.

-Soma

Shareaholic