Thursday 23 December 2021

The Best of 2021 - Part I



If I was to sum up 2021, I would say that it has been a strange old year but perhaps slightly less strange than 2020! As always, I have been busy with my customised cards and papercut pictures. Parties and celebrations started to actually happen, meaning that customers were once again ordering my personalised albums too. I am pleased to say that many people have received my cards on their birthday or anniversary this year and I have made quite a number of large pictures to mark some special occasions. (Unfortunately sometimes my customers do not want me to share them here).
As is common at this time of the year, I thought it would be fun to collect together my top 10 favourite designs from this past year and show them to you once again. You may be able to spot your own card, picture or album amongst my collections. I added some other favourites worth mentioning as well at the end of this post. Some of my creations stayed in Israel, whilst others have travelled far, to the UK and USA and beyond. I hope they made people happy!



I have also visited some interesting places here in Israel this year and hiked some wonderful trails too. In October I finally managed a trip to the UK after 1 year and 8 months of not seeing my family there. I love taking photos wherever I go and enjoy sharing them here on my blog. I often find out even more about an area I have visited after the event, whilst writing up my post. I'm saving my top 10 favourite hikes and places for another time.


Whilst those of us of the Jewish faith celebrated the eight-day holiday of Chanukah at the end of November and beginning of this month, many of you are now celebrating Christmas. Warmest wishes for the holiday season. Thank you so much for your support in the past year, for taking the time to pop by and see what's happening over here at Handmade in Israel and for buying what you've seen on my blog. In June I wrote my 1,000th post and I continue to enjoy composing each and every one of them. I hope you will continue to visit and enjoy my posts in 2022, as I share the coming year's designs and a few more of my adventures in Israel.
Don't forget that you can subscribe to my blog, and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest. Oh, and please pop by my shop now and then to see what is new there.
Wishing you a healthy and happy 2022!


JENerally Informed

9 comments:

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

You are a prolific artist who always brightens my day. I enjoy your art and your adventures. I look forward to Part II and your top excursions from this year. I pray that 2022 will be a better year than 2021 for the whole world. We really need more kindness and less shouting and anger. Thanks for sharing your art with us.

Tamar SB said...

You create such beautiful cards and books!

hels said...

Noa and Nadav looked thrilled on their special day.. and the card reflects it beautifully.

Miss Val's Creations said...

Beautiful collages! I love when you are asked to recreate a photo like you did with Noa and Nadav. This year definitely felt much improved over 2020!

Tom said...

...I would find it difficult to to choose a favorite. Happy New Year to you.

Kim Carberry said...

You have had a busy year with the cards. What fantastic creations. Wishing you all the best for 2022 x

Joanne said...

A great collection of cards; it must be so hard to pick your favorites.

VeggieMummy said...

A whole year of inspiration and joy to the recipients. Here's to a bright 2022. xx

Jayne said...

What a fantastic year of making so many beautiful cards. I hope this year brings you everything you wish for and more! x

Shareaholic