Sunday, 9 August 2026

Sweet Sixteen and All Grown Up

Keshet turned 16 at the end of June. Her mum told me that she loves going to the beach to watch the sunset. She sent me a few photos of Keshet and hoped that I could use a combination of them to create a special birthday card for her.
Now, Keshet and I go way back - despite the fact that she's only 16! As her mum put it, "She's an original Lisa card baby!"
When Keshet was born, a customer asked me to create a picture for her nursery. It showed baby Keshet together with her parents and siblings. Since then, the family has grown, with more children joining the family!
When Keshet turned 8 in 2018, I made her a birthday card filled with rainbows, doughnuts and other sweet treats. (The Hebrew name Keshet means "rainbow" in English.) That same year, she came to do a workshop with me, and we spent two and a half happy hours drawing, cutting and sticking together.
When she turned 9, her mum told me she "cheered with joy" when she saw the birthday card featuring her new sewing machine and the slime she loved making. For her 10th birthday, she was all smiles, giving a big thumbs up, and by the time she turned 11, she was dreaming of owning an iPhone!
In fact, back in 2019, I ended up making cards for the whole family!
Now Keshet is all grown up and, sadly, she preferred that I didn't share the wonderful photo and video clips her mum sent me of the moment she realised that, once again, she'd received one of my cards. They made me smile though, and I was delighted to see that, at 16, she was still just as thrilled to receive one!

* This post has been shared on Happiness is Homemade, Mosaic Monday, Handmade Monday

10 comments:

Shiju Sugunan said...

Happy 16th Birthday to Keshet! It’s so special to see how long you’ve been creating custom cards for her and her family.

EricaSta said...

Sweet sixteen! Happy Birthday!
A lovely card for a nice young Lady. Thank you very much for sharing at

MosaicMonday

Greetings by Heidrun

eileeninmd said...

Cute card! Happy birthday to Keshet! Take care, have a great day and a happy week ahead!

jabblog said...

Ah, sweet sixteen. 💖Happy birthday to Keshet 🌈and many more to come.

Joanne said...

That is a lovely card and I just adore that she can chronicle her life based on your cards. How fun!

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

Beautiful name and happy sweet 16 to Keshet. They do grow fast!

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

A Sweet 16! I enjoyed reading the sweet story of your history with your friend's daughter Keshet. (I love what her name means in Hebrew!). I believe she'll love this new card, and treasure it with the other pieces of yours in her collection. Shalom!

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Happy Birthday to Keshet! This is such a lovely card!

VeggieMummy said...

Aww, how lovely to have watched her grow and helped in the birthday celebrations each year. I think you're allowed to be a little shy at 16! Happy Birthday, Keshet! xx

David M. Gascoigne, said...

It must give you an added sense of satisfaction to have known Keshet since her very first days. I wonder how many more cards you will make for her? May she know peace in her lifetime.