Thursday 27 August 2020

Swimming, Sewing and Solitaire

My customer's mum was turning 70. She loves baking, making jam, sewing, swimming and reading books in the sun, she told me.
I made a card showing mum enjoying the sunshine, book in hand. To her right is a sewing machine, and a plate of biscuits and a spatula to represent her love of baking. On her left I added a red swimming cap and goggles, a tiny jar of jam and a spoon. A big blue number 70 marks her age.
My customer told me that her mum loved the card.
This dad was turning 75. His daughter asked for a card showing him playing Solitaire on his desktop computer. I finished the card off with a big red number 75 and some colourful bunting.
PoCoLo
JENerally Informed

12 comments:

Tamar SB said...

So lovely!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Like both cards but the solitaire made me laugh - I spend way too much time playing Microsoft Mahjong

handmade by amalia said...

Beautiful, Lisa! Your customer's mum shares many of my likes :-)
Amalia
xo

Michele Morin said...

I love how every card reflects the recipient

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What delightful cards for special birthdays! They must have been well received

Joanne said...

You always have such lovely personalized cards to share with us at Encouraging Hearts and Home. Pinned.

VeggieMummy said...

The top card could have been made for me! I hope I look that good at 70! xx

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Love the cards. . .the solitaire is me! :) Have a grand weekend!

likeschocolate said...

Lovely cards! Have a wonderful week.

Crummy Mummy said...

Love the sewing machine - that's so clever! #MMBC

Marielle said...

I saw your link at the Happy Now link up. This are so cute and clever! The solitaire was totally my father-in-law. He would have loved that! Thanks for sharing!

Naush said...

Lisa, thank you for linking up at Meraki link party. Your cards are so thoughtfully crafted. The father card reminded me of my dad, who loves to play solitaire on his computer !
Many regards
Naush
www.doodlebuddies.net

Shareaholic