Thursday 13 August 2020

5 Cards for a 50th Birthday

A new customer found me on Facebook and contacted me to ask about a 50th birthday card for her husband. After a short chat it became apparent that she actually wanted 5 extra large birthday cards - one from each member of the family! We talked about themes and decided to show the birthday boy with each member of the family and their common interest. Each card would also have a big 50 on it to mark his age.
I'll start with the card I made showing my customer and her "dream guy". I have shown the two of them on the card, his arms wrapped protectively around his wife. I added some red hearts for good measure.
The couple have three children. Their eldest daughter Hannah and Dad both enjoy skiing. I have shown them on the slopes, skis in hand. Even though it's super warm over here right now, they are dressed for the winter weather!
Their son Ariyeh and his dad love art. My customer told me that he particularly likes the work of the Japanese contemporary artist Takashi Murakami, so I have shown Ariyeh pointing out a Murakami print to his dad, who is considering it carefully. I added an easel with a colourful painting on it and a palette and brushes, ready for them to get creative.
Michal, the couple's youngest daughter, loves cooking and baking with Dad. I have shown them both hard at work in the kitchen. Michal is busy mixing the cookie dough whilst Dad has a tray of cookies in his hands.
Not to be left out, the family's dogs, Charlie and Ralph, also sent their dad a card! They love walking with their "Abba" (Abba means father in Hebrew) and apparently he is their firm favourite. I have shown Dad out in the countryside with the Shih Tzu dogs. One is in his arms and one is sitting on his knee (I must confess, I am not sure which is Charlie and which is Ralph!). I hope they both got to put a paw print on their birthday card.
My customer was delighted with all these cards.
"Lisa you have made my husband and all of us so happy with your exquisite cards." she wrote to me, then added the most wonderful review on my Facebook business page:
"Lisa made 5 exquisite cards for my husbands 50th birthday. They are beyond magnificent, in fact he wants to frame them all together. Each card was a picture of my husband doing a skill or hobby that each of my kids enjoy! This was Lisa’s idea too to make each one personal and caring! Lisa you created thoughtful magnificent works of art and made us all so happy - thank you!"

16 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

That is such a lovely idea. How wonderful to put each family member and the interests that they share with the birthday boy on cards. I hope he had a wonderful day. xx

Tamar SB said...

What a special gift and gorgeous creations!!

Michele Morin said...

What a great gift -- that guy has a thoughtful family.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

as always you made each card quite special

Samyuktha Semi Jayaprakash said...

Exquisite work! Especially Shih Tzus <3

Joanne said...

Those are fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Encouraging Hearts and Home. Pinned.

Mary @over40andamumtoone said...

What a lovely thing to do and they all work so well too #pocoloco

Jayne said...

Oh, they all look amazing Lisa! It would be lovely to receive one of your cards but to receive five is a super treat. x

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Hello Lisa, the cards are really beautiful and a series of them is a wonderful idea.
Stay safe and well!
PS I love your hair style! :)

ladyleemanila said...

lovely cards :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a fantastic idea and you made the cutest cards! WOW! I love them all but especially the dogs!

Cheryl said...

They do make a wonderful set. I'm not surprised he wants to frame them altogether. Lovely idea to include the shared hobbies. This sounds like the beginning of a new range! #mmbc

Sum of their Stories said...

They really are beyond magnificent! I hope he keeps and frames them, they make such a lovely set.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Your cards give me happy goosebumps. :-) I love your curly hair. Your look is what I always hope for when I get a perm.

Junieper/jesh said...

after all the cards you showed us at All Seasons, it never occurred to me until now, thank hand positions could be tricky to get them exactly "right!" thes cards are big! never s dull moment for you:) Have a great rest of the month, Jesh

Chickenruby said...

What a lovely idea to have a hand made card from each member of the family to capture their special relationships together
Thanks for joining in with #pocolo

Shareaholic