Thursday 6 August 2020

Lilach & Ian

Ian wrote to me to tell me that he and his wife were soon to be celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary. Could I make a card for him? He sent me a photo to work from and I set to work re-creating it out of paper...
Of course, little did he know that Lilach, his wife, had already been in touch and made her own request for a card! She told me that their favourite place is the beach and that they met in Israel, so that should definitely be included in the design.
I suggested showing the couple holding hands and waving Israeli flags. A beach scene is behind them and a big number 20 marks their years of marriage. I added a big red heart for good measure.
Of course they were surprised to see the cards on the day of their anniversary. "We love Lisa's cards and had no idea we both got them!" Lilach wrote on Facebook.

PoCoLo

10 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

Great cards. I'd love to see the look on their faces when they open them! xx

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

It's marvelous they have 2 beautiful made-to-order cards to mark the 20 year celebration!

Tamar SB said...

Another two marvelous cards!!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Jayne said...

How lovely that they both had one of your beautiful cards each. I love the designs. x

The Padre said...

I Am So Proud Of You - Lovely Display Of Creative Progress - You Brought A Smile To My Heart - Thank You

Cheers

Chickenruby said...

How lovely both couples contacted you. Thanks for linking with #pocolo and hope to see you back later this week

Junieper/jesh said...

a great wedding picture you displayed on the card. CHuckling, have to admit I liked his hairdo better on the day he married:) Always fun when people receive a car when they don't expect it:) Great to share it with All Seasons!Have a great summer week, Jesh

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I always love reading your card stories and this was one of the sweetest ones ever. Happy couple ... you made two perfect cards.

Stephanie 139a said...

That's so great that they both got in touch! Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

Shareaholic