Monday 25 January 2021

I'll Be There for You

Ella asked me to make a card for her best friend's birthday. She sent me a photo of the two of them next to the Friends purple door with the yellow frame around the peephole and asked me to recreate it in paper. A bit of trivia for the Friends fans amongst us, the yellow frame around the peephole in Monica's front door was originally a mirror and a crew member broke it. It was temporarily hung on the door, but one of the writers loved it and the frame stayed there. This frame has become an icon of Friends.
I made sure to matches the girls' clothes exactly and carefully cut out the yellow peephole frame. I added the "Happy Birthday" greeting in the style of the Friends logo used in the intro of the show. Ella chose the other words.
"The card is absolutely AMAZING and looks exactly like the two of us! Thank you so so much! She's just going to love it!" she wrote to me.
Arieh turned 24. Mum asked me for a card showing a laptop computer with Zoom open on it. She also wanted me to add some paint brushes, a right angle and a ruler too. Finally, Arieh is studying Set Design for Film, Theatre and Television at university, so she asked for a stage as well.
I think I got everything covered!

JENerally Informed

12 comments:

Tamar SB said...

The Friend's door was amazing!!

Kim Carberry said...

Ahh! I love the Friends card!
My eldest has one of the yellow frames on her bedroom door, she is a big Friends fan.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Love the idea of friendship forever - I feel like I've known a few friends my whole life. #MMBC

VeggieMummy said...

I especially love the 'Friends' card. I didn't know that about the mirror, but I imagine there are plenty of framed peep holes around now! Love the font too. xx

Aritha V. said...

Love the "vrienden kaart". Super.
https://momentsfrozentime.blogspot.com/

Joanne said...

I had no idea that the friend's "Frame" was originally supposed to be a mirror. I love learning trivia like that about shows I've enjoyed watching. Your card turned out great.

laurensparks.net said...

The friends card is darling. Visiting from the good random fun link up. laurensparks.net

Anne said...

Both cards are amazing and so timely. I do love the one with the Friends door though.

Meditations in Motion said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing the Friends trivia with us. I used to love that show!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

WEll done! Enjoyable cards. Thank you and have a grand weekend!

Cheryl said...

These cards are fun! I didn't know about the mirror and the frame. It works so perfectly that it doesn't look out of place. Who would have thought? #mmbc

Naush said...

I love the tiny photo frame in the background. Lovely card. Thank you for sharing with us at Meraki Link Party at Doodle Buddies. Drop by this evening to join the next Meraki Party..
Much love
Naush

Shareaholic