Monday 24 May 2021

Fit at Forty

Naomi calls herself a "Personal Healthy Lifestyle Motivator". I am sure she won't mind me telling you that she used to be a big lady. She has been on a wellness journey these last few years and the results are amazing! When her husband contacted me with a request for a 40th birthday card for Naomi, he stated that he wanted "something to do with health and fitness" on it. I knew exactly what to do.
Having followed Naomi's journey, I knew that I had to show her new, slim self on the card. She uses weights when she exercises, so I added them too. I know that she is also a big fan of nutritional drinks and capsules, so I included them as well. I shared some photos of the amazing meals she puts together and some of the ingredients she cooks with, including aubergine, peppers and her favourite skinny pasta. Finally, Naomi drinks a lot of water. Like really a LOT. I cut out a teeny tiny water bottle and gave it a label. You can see the size of it in the palm of my hand, below.
Naomi wrote a lovely review:
"Lisa, I absolutely loved my 40th birthday card and can’t wait to get my mum's card and send it to her in the UK. She collects them because Lisa's cards are masterpieces to be treasured."

18 comments:

Anita Holland said...

Love all the detail, great job.

Kim Carberry said...

What a great card and well done Naomi on the weight loss. x

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

you really captured her with all the details that make her special #MMBC

Ellibelle said...

A wonderful card, loving all the elements you included to make it personal!

Tamar SB said...

What a fun 40th bday card!!

Joanne said...

SO many cute details!

VeggieMummy said...

Great card and well done to Naomi on her improved health. Trying to drink more water is my new thing! xx

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

What a wonderful personalized card for hier 40th !Self care is so important.

riitta k said...

Every time I see your joyful cards, my spirits get lightened up! Naomi's card is splendid.

Tom said...

...lordy, lordy, look who's forty!

Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) said...

So glad that Naomi liked her 40th birthday card. I love all the details on it - especially the little water bottle. #MMBC

Michele Morin said...

My kids would call this guy a savage!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Great details Lisa! Kudos to Naomi turning her life into a healthy one. It is never too late to live well!

R's Rue said...

Love it.

Suzy, The Grey Brunette said...

That's brilliant! You're very talented!
Suzy x

thisiswhereitisat said...

What a lovely card X #mmbc

Claire said...

Great card Lisa :) Thanks so much for linking up to The Wednesday Link Up. I hope you can join us again on Friday or next week for our next parties. #TheWednesdayLinkUp

Meditations in Motion said...

Beautiful and thoughtful card, Lisa. You managed to incorporate so many of the items that are meaningful to Naomi.

Shareaholic