Monday 31 May 2021

14 and 15

Meital was turning 14 and her mum asked me to make her a couple of cards. I have previously made birthday cards showing her dancing and on her phone. This time the card from mum and dad was to have a TikTok theme. Redheaded Meital likes making dance videos for the social media platform. She also likes shopping, especially from the online clothing store Shein and the Spanish retailer Pull&Bear.
I decided to show Meital as she appears in her TikTok video. She is wearing a favourite striped jumper and behind her is a glittery disco lights background. I carefully cut out all the icons on the TikTok screen: Meital's user image, a heart, the speech icon, arrow icon and a spinning record.
Next to the phone I added a big number 14 to mark Meital's age, along with a Pull & Bear shopping bag and the Shein logo. Finally I cut out several versions of the TikTok logo, which represents a music note.
Mum also wanted a smaller card for Meital from her siblings. This time I made her age the focus of the card and then added cupcakes, bunting and some hearts.
Mum was happy with the cards. "Just got them. [They are] amazing as always. Thanks so much!" she wrote to me.
Daniel has also received cards made by me many times over the years. Last year his mum told me that he was into basketball, exercising using his doorway pull-up bar and that he loved to cook. This year he turned 15 and apparently he writes music all day long on his computer!
I have shown Daniel looking at his white laptop with earphones dangling from his ears. A bar of music behind him represents what he is creating on the screen. Mum also asked me to include another instrument that he uses on the side. Apparently it is always next to him when he writes his music.
She sent me a bunch of happy photos showing Daniel opening his card, though I know that he prefers me not to share them here. Mum wrote that the card was "Another HUGE success!"

10 comments:

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

They're all fun cards and really show the individual personalities.

Tamar SB said...

Perfect cards for teens!

Kim Carberry said...

What fab cards for the 14 year old. My youngest is nearly the same age and loves TikTok and Shein. lol
Great work. x

VeggieMummy said...

Beautiful cards. I really enjoy finding out the recipients' interests. xx

Miss Val's Creations said...

Fabulous cards. The TikTok aspect came out amazing!

Claire Justine said...

Such great cards, Lisa. My daughter would love the one with TikTok on :)

Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Mondays. I hope you can join us again tomorrow. #CreativeMondays

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

How fun for both young people -- now and in the future, when they will have reminders of how they grew and changed year by year!

Thisiswhereitisat said...

This is amazing ❤️ x #mmbc

Lovely said...

How fun are these cards! You are so talented!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Jayne said...

Beautiful cards. I love the detail on the phone it's brilliant. You are so talented!
Have a lovely weekend Lisa. x

Shareaholic