Monday 11 April 2022

Aliza's Album

Aliza's Bat Mitzvah party was delayed due to Covid-19 but she was finally able to celebrate it last month and was able to put the album I made some weeks ago to good use. Her mum asked me to show Aliza with the family's Maltese dog, Buddy, on the front of the album. She plays the guitar, likes to make and eat sushi and enjoys watching Netflix on her laptop computer. Mum told me that Aliza's outfit of choice is currently a white T-shirt, a black knee length skirt and blue denim jacket.
As requested, I showed Aliza holding Buddy with one arm. Her guitar is in her other hand. She is wearing her denim jacket. Behind her is her laptop computer, with Netflix open on the screen and next to her is a plate of sushi. The album opens the Hebrew way (Hebrew books open from right-to-left). Aliza's name appears at the top in English and the Hebrew words בת המצווה של עליזה, Eliza's Bat Mitzvah, are at the bottom.
Mum initially told me that Aliza's favourite colour is yellow but then Aliza requested pale pink. She also asked if I could add musical notes in two corners of the album cover.
I decorated several pages inside Aliza's album. The first page, above and below, showed a burger and chips, which was apparently the theme of the Bat Mitzvah party and is another one of Aliza's favourite foods. 
Next I cut out a tiny guitar, below, and a saxophone. Mum told me that Aliza is much more into playing the guitar but is learning to play the sax this year too. The following page showed Aliza's favourite Marvel icons, which she specified were Spiderman, Ironman and Black Panther, then I created a page showing the emojis she uses the most on WhatsApp. I added a little mobile phone with Whatsapp open on the screen as well.
Finally, the last page in Aliza's album was devoted to Buddy the Maltese dog.
Aliza's mum was happy with the album. "I am so pleased we found you online. This is gorgeous and she's so excited!" she wrote to me, then followed up by telling me that "Aliza loves it".

16 comments:

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

This album is so fun and colorful. Love the pop of blue and her white dog. #MMBC

Michele Morin said...

My goodness, the detail on that guitar!

Catherine said...

Your cards are always so beautiful but I love the food best! That little packet of chips looks amazing :)

#MMBC

hels said...

The guitar and saxophone give the 2 dimensional image its 3rd dimension i.e music. Oh the happiness 😀

Tamar SB said...

I always love the little details!

NCSue said...

Gosh such a talent you have! I love these!
Thank you for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2022/04/the-last-of-these-for-while-i-promise.html

Kim Carberry said...

It sounds like a lot of Bat Mitzvah parties have been delayed because of Covid. I am glad all the teenagers are still getting them. What a great album. I love the little doggie, so cute x

Sharon Wagner said...

Adorable! I love that tongue.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Aliza is fortunate to have such a wonderfully personalized memory book handcrafted by you! The guitar and Maltese puppy are remarkable in detail.

Joanne said...

I am always in awe of all the little details you include! Your paper-crafting is just beautiful.

Anne said...

I love your albums and I bet the recipients do too. I'm really taken with your sushi, it looks so simple yet effective you can tell instantly what it is. The guitar is great and so is the dog, so cute! I love all the decorations for the pages too. What a fabulous gift.

VeggieMummy said...

Another great keepsake. I love the sushi and paper Buddy is superb! xx

Glenda Cates said...

The album is amazing, and you are so talented. One day I need to get one made for my son just for him to jot things down he doesn't want to forget in. Have a wonderful week.

thisiswhereitisat said...

So much detail lovely x #mmbc

Amila said...

I always like your creations. It is amazing that you have paid attention to every little detail,specially on this guitar.
Thanks for sharing your creativity with us too..

Anonymous said...

What a cute and detailed card!

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

Shareaholic