Thursday 7 April 2022

Engagement and Wedding Wishes

I met South African born Dani back in 1995 when we were both on the same ulpan (a school for the intensive study of Hebrew; the Hebrew word means studio or teaching, instruction) in Jerusalem. Roll on many years and Dani has moved onto pastures new in the US, whilst I am obviously still in Israel.
We have met up a few times over the years and social media of course means that we are able to keep in pretty regular contact. Recently I was excited to wake up to a Whatsapp from Dani telling me that she had got engaged to her partner of 7 years, Brendan. I know that she appreciates my handmade cards since she has ordered a few for her friends, so I decided to make the couple a card to mark their engagement.
I cut out their names and added some hearts and a banner marking the date of their engagement to the design. Of course, once I had finished, I realised that I had written the date using the British English format and not American English! Oh well, I guess I'm a Brit and that's the way I write the date.
I realise I forgot to share the card I made for my niece and her new husband when they got married last October. You may remember the trip I made to the UK and the lovely places we visited. The invitation we received for the wedding was in gold lettering, so I decided to create a design using white stock and a yellow (in place of gold) paper inlay. In fact, the colour scheme for the wedding turned out to be a gorgeous autumnal rust-brown. It was a beautiful wedding!
PoCoLo

9 comments:

Michele Morin said...

My goodness! The detail! You amaze me!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Your beautiful cut-out cards are perfect for a wedding. Congratulations to you and both couples. Lovely.

Tina said...

These cards are great! You did a beautiful job.

Miss Val's Creations said...

The process photos are cool to see! Both cards are beautiful. Yellow is so cheery!

VeggieMummy said...

Both beautiful cards. I do love your paper cuts. xx

hels said...

You must thank Zoe and Max for having wonderful names. Or thank their parents. Imagine your work if their names were Nebuchadnezer and Felicity-Delphinian

Joanne said...

Oh these are fabulous! Your friend is going to love it regardless of what date format you used.

Jayne said...

These are beautiful. I love the coloured backgrounds. x

chickenruby said...

Beautiful cards and so nice for you to make one for a personal friend also. Thanks for joining in with #pocolo hope you had a great Easter and hope to see you back on April 29th

Shareaholic