Monday 25 April 2022

There’s a Love That’s Divine

My customer and I were at university together. We recently found each other again on Facebook and, after seeing my work, he wrote to me to tell me that he and his wife were soon to be celebrating their silver wedding anniversary. He wondered if I could design an anniversary card based on their wedding photo.
My customer scanned a photo from their wedding day and sent it to me. I carefully copied his dark suit and all the little details on his wife's wedding dress. I then added a silver number 25 to mark the number of years they have been married.
My customer requested the line "There's a love that's divine and it's yours and it's mine" as the greeting on the front of the card. Apparently it comes from the song they opened the dancing to at their wedding. I was impressed! I haven't a clue what the first song was that we danced to at our wedding 🤣
The card was very well received. "Thanks for the fantastic card that arrived in the post this morning" my customer wrote to me then, on the day of their anniversary, he shared the card on Facebook. "A big shoutout to Lisa Isaacs at Handmade In Israel for a wonderful card joyfully received!" he wrote. His wife commented too: "Thank You! It's brilliant!"
* This post has been shared on Link-up Potpourri, The Good. The Random. The Fun.
Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs

13 comments:

Kim Carberry said...

Aww! How lovely that you and your friend found each other again and what a beautiful card. Congratulations to the couple and what a sweet quote x

Anne said...

As always, a very beautiful and well crafted card. It's lovely how your friend found you out and asked you to make the card. Congratulations to them on their anniversary.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

It's a lovely card and I'm impressed he remembered the song too. #MMBC

Cheryl said...

It's beautiful! I love the detail, especially the bouquet. How wonderful to connect with an old friend again, in such a lovely way. #mmbc

Joanne said...

I am impressed that he remembered a line from their wedding song; my husband can hardly remember the date we got married never mind any of the details! You made such a lovely card.

VeggieMummy said...

How lovely to make such a lovely card for your uni friend. So good that you reconnected. xx

Cloudia said...

Beautiful! Happy work. That is so needed today! God bless you and God bless. Israel

hels said...

The Rabbi that married us was too frum to allow mixed dancing, so there was no First Dance. But we made it sofar to 51 years :) In any case, your bride would want to remember her wedding dress with most excitement. So young, so happy!

Tamar SB said...

That came out so cool!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Absolutely beautiful Lisa!

handmade by amalia said...

How amazing to reconnect with old friends and to be a part of their special day through your art!
Amalia
xo

Anonymous said...

What a special card! I’m not surprised it was very well received.

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

Catherine said...

What a romantic husband! Such a beautiful card :o)

#MMBC

Shareaholic