Thursday 24 June 2021

23 Years

Mister Handmade in Israel and I recently celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary. Things are slowly returning to normal around here, though the Covid-19 delta variant is fast becoming an issue, as it is in so many other places. Unlike last year, when we celebrated with takeaway pasta, this year we were able to go out for a meal. We went to our favourite local Italian restaurant, which has only just reopened after many, many months. Though we were seated far apart from other people, which felt slightly strange, the food was good and it was a treat to go out!
This year's anniversary card was of course a papercut design - Mister Handmade in Israel's favourite type. It featured a big '23 Years' embellished with some flowers. I cut the card out of white stock and added a pale grey paper inlay. The 23rd wedding anniversary does not have a classic symbol, but traditional and modern gifts are silver plate, thus my choice of grey. Maybe when it is our 25th anniversary I'll find some sparkly silver paper ๐Ÿ˜‰
Mister Handmade in Israel treated me to these gorgeous flowers which, given the current temperatures in Israel, lasted a good long while. It seems that I have learnt a thing or two from my mum who was a florist. I bought him tickets for us to go and see the first performance in a year and a half of the Israeli mixed a cappella group Quinta and a Half. The group, which was formed in 2006, is made up of 6 singers and they have been performing together for over 12 years. We went to the concert last week and it was terrific! I hope you enjoy their medley of the Israeli music evolution, from the 1950s until the 2010s.
PoCoLo

12 comments:

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I agree with your husband - papercut cards are my favorite too. They are beautiful cut art. Congratulations on your 23rd anniversary! May you enjoy many more healthy, happy years!

Michele Morin said...

Congratulations on 23 years--and on your amazing talent!

Tamar SB said...

Mazal tov!!!

Joanne said...

Congrats on 23 years! Your flowers are beautiful.

VeggieMummy said...

Happy Anniversary! Lovely card - I can see why the paper cut ones are your husband's favourite. Your flowers are gorgeous and I really enjoyed the music. Glad that you could actually go to a restaurant to celebrate this year. xx

restlessjo said...

Many congratulations to you both. Here's to 25 and counting ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Miss Val's Creations said...

Happy anniversary Lisa! The card and flowers are beautiful. I love the video clip on how these guys capture the different decades. They must have been tons of fun in concert!

Fancyingfrance said...

I love the papercut design of this card. It looks very simple (although I'm sure it isn't!) but also very stylish. The video was great fun! #pocolo

Claire Justine said...

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary, Lisa. I bet it felt great going out for a change.

We went out in London and it was great but not for a while now as there are a few different covid variants here too.

Thanks so much for linking up to The Weekend Link Up.

I hope you can join us again tomorrow for Creative Mondays Link-Up.

#TheWeekendLinkUp

handmade by amalia said...

I love that you made a card for your own celebration. Happy Anniversary!
Amalia
xo

Kim Carberry said...

Happy anniversary to you and Mister Handmade. How lovely that you were able to get out to celebrate. The card is beautiful x

Cheryl said...

Snap! We celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary recently too. Happy anniversary. I love your papercut card and the flowers look gorgeous. I'm glad you made them last a little bit longer. I hope you enjoy your concert. #mmbc

Shareaholic