Monday 7 June 2021

Mindfulness, Calm, Breathe

Helen recently celebrated her 50th birthday. She is a big fan of my work and always gives my little business a lot of likes on Facebook! Her husband contacted me and asked me to make a special card for her big day. He had a favourite photo of his wife that he wanted me to use. He also suggested that I design the extra large card using the following themes: family, life coaching, reading and being in nature surrounded by flowers.
I have shown Helen in the lovely red top she was wearing in the photo her husband sent me. Behind her I added a small pile of books to represent her love of reading, a recent photo of her family and, on her left, a whiteboard and laptop to represent her professional life as a life coach for women. The message on the whiteboard is "Mindfulness, Calm, Breathe". I spotted it on one of the photos her husband sent me. Her business logo is on the laptop's screen.
Finally, I added some red, white and purple flowers since Helen, like me, loves seeing them in the countryside. A big red number 50 marks her age.
Helen was delighted with her card and sent me the wonderful photo of her happily showing it off. "Love, love my card!! Thanks so much!!" she wrote to me. "My husband knows how much I love your cards!!"

* This post has been shared on The Good. The Random. The Fun.Creative Mondays Link UpThe Really Crafty Link PartyWordless Wednesday (on Tuesday) and Craft Schooling Sunday.

JENerally Informed

15 comments:

Louise said...

Another beautiful card, no wonder Helen was so pleased with it. I love the flowers and the business logo on the laptop. #MMBC

Kim Carberry said...

Helen looks so happy with her card. How wonderful. x

Anne said...

The card is amazing as usual but how lovely that her husband had noticed her love of your cards and asked you to make one especially for her, no wonder she looks so pleased with it in the photo.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

it was so thoughtul of her busband to order a personal card since she is a great fan. She looks so happy and proud. #MMBC

the 4 M's said...

That is really awesome: definitely a card she will cherish and keep! Thoughtful husband.
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

Tamar SB said...

Always so fun to see the card with the person it was gifted to!

Ellibelle said...

You can tell by the picture how much she loved her card! So beautifully done!

NCSue said...

Such lovely work you do! And it looks just like her, too!
Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2021/06/woodpeckers-visit.html

Shiju Sugunan said...

What a pretty bespoke card! Hellen looks so happy.

Miss Val's Creations said...

What a beautiful card for a beautiful spirit!

Joanne said...

Another happy customer! I love her huge smile beside her beautiful card.

VeggieMummy said...

What a thoughtful husband. Great card and a lovely message too. xx

Claire Justine said...

Another great card, Lisa. Loving the books stacked up on it. Very creative. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Mondays. I hope you can join us again tomorrow :) #CreativeMondays

handmade by amalia said...

This really is a big card, Lisa, and as beautiful as always. Another satisfied customer, I see. Good for you.
Amalia
xo

Klara said...

very nice card.

Shareaholic