Monday 28 June 2021

41 and 21

Last year Nir turned 40 and I showed him with one of his favoured kodesh books (religious texts) in one hand and a football in the other. He was wearing an Israeli policeman's hat - a reminder of the fun times he has with his kids. This year his wife sent me a lovely photo of her and her husband on the beach. He loves to walk on the sand, she told me. She also asked me to add his age to the card. They collect my cards and she said that putting his age on would help keep them all in chronological order!
I have shown Naomi and Nir on the beach. They were beautifully colour coordinated that day and their clothes match the blue of the sea! Naomi is wearing her signature straw hat. A big number 41, matching the orange of Nir's shorts, marks his age.
Eitan was turning 21. He also receives one of my cards every birthday. I still remember his 12th birthday card, which had a Scrabble theme. This year mum sent me a photo of him giving a speech, after having received his officer's bar in the Israel Defence Forces (IDF). She wanted me to show Eitan on the podium, a microphone in front of him. His officer's bar can clearly been seen on his left shoulder, along with his unit tag. He is wearing the black beret of the Shiryon (Tanks) Brigade.
Mum requested a big card in honour of her son's 21st. I added the big number 21 to mark his age and hinted at the green of the trees behind him.
"Love the card, thanks so much. You did a great job." she wrote to me.
Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs
JENerally Informed

8 comments:

Tamar SB said...

These are both so special! The background on Nir's card makes the two of them pop off the page and seem so real.

Miss Val's Creations said...

They are beautiful Lisa! I love the beach scene!

Louise said...

Two beautiful cards and how lovely to have people coming back each year for birthday cards. I love the beach scene. #MMBC

VeggieMummy said...

Lovely cards. I especially love the top one; it must have been a gorgeous photo. xx

Claire Justine said...

Two more great cards, Lisa. You are so talented. I am always inspired by your cards :)

Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Mondays #CreativeMondays

Anne said...

It's no surprise to me that you have returning customers each year, your cards are so original and very well detailed. I love both of them but how sweet the sentiment on the 41 card.

The Liberty Belle said...

Such nice cards. Anyone would feel quite special to receive one.

Ann said...

Your cards are amazing! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's.

Shareaholic